Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day, Mom.   I wanted you to know that it has been 20 years since I last saw you and plenty has happened in the past 20 years but this is not about that.  This post is about how much I appreciated things you did for me that I never thanked you for.

Thank you Mom for letting me play sports.  This is what helped shape me to learn about teamwork, heartache, joy of winning, how to work hard to succeed, share in camaraderie with others and above all, laugh with my friends.

Thank you Mom for always being there when I got hurt.  Remember when I got a concussion and you spent the night with me awake so I would not fall asleep?  Remember when I hurt my knee and you left work early and took me to the doctor?  Remember when I had that motorcycle accident as full of road rash and hurt all over and how you stayed with me that first night to make sure I could rest?   I do.

Thank you Mom for showing me how to cook.  I love to cook now and am showing the love of my cooking with my son who wants to learn how to do that.

Thank you Mom for keeping our family together when our dad was struggling with alcohol addiction.  Thank you for supporting him and working out things with him and keeping our family together.  When our dad was sober he was a great man and we kids learned a lot from him.  Now days, many families do not get that chance as the parents split and the dad is no where to be found.

Thank you Mom for laughing at all my bad jokes.

Thank you Mom for showing me how to drive.

Thank you Mom for always being at my games even though you had to leave work early to go to them and for cheering me up when we lost or I had a bad game.

Thank you Mom for not getting mad when my schoolwork slipped a little and you helping me with some subjects.  I never forgot how you took time to help me out.

Thank you Mom for showing me that you can go through cancer and be dignified right up to the very end and for never forgetting to tell me you loved me right up to the end.

Thank you Mom.  May you rest in peace today in Heaven....

No comments: